Wednesday, January 31, 2018



https://haydenjames.io/increase-performance-lifespan-ssds-sd-cards/

Covers I/O performance.  iotop used to show disk read / writes

Using iotop to monitor and minimize reads/writes

Use can your Linux distro’s package manager to install iotop which is a top like utility for disk I/O. It monitors disk I/O usage information output by the Linux kernel (2.6.20+) and displays a table of current usage by processes on the system. Use iotop with the following options:
iotop -oPa
Then let iotop monitor things for a few mins or hours depending on how intense disk I/O is. This will result in a top-like screen which makes it easy to identify processes that are hogging your disk I/O.  Have a look at the screenshot below as an example. I used the iotop -oPa command and let it sit for a few minutes in the background:

30

No comments:

Post a Comment